If you want to get better at karate, you need to practise and get better at the basics.
We know this. This is drilled into us from the start.
If you want to get really good at something like Suparimpe, you need to make sure that your basic punches, blocks, kicks, and stances are awesome.
Something we tend to forget is that all of the other areas in our lives affect our training and our performance on the mat. And if we’re not practising the basics in the rest of our lives, this is going to have a negative impact on our performance.
Think of all of the areas in your life that can affect your training. Are you practising the basics?
Some things you can do:
- Get enough sleep.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet.
- Get outside; breathe fresh air.
- Get moving everyday as much as possible.
- Get off your phone; reduce overall screen time.
- Manage your stress.
- Cultivate a social network that is supportive of your karate training.
And of course, don’t forget the most important thing: subscribe to my channel and watch more of my videos. 😉
Are you “practising the basics” in your life right now? In which areas could you improve?