I’m a blogger, YouTuber, podcaster, performance coach, karate instructor, amateur athlete, and mom of two amazing kids. I have:
- a 1st degree black belt in Meibukan Goju-Ryu Karate-do,
- a brown belt in Ryukyu Kobudo Tesshinkan (weaponry), and
- a blue belt in Gekisai Ryu Bujitsu (a form of Japanese Jujitsu).
I got my first taste of karate tournaments as a white belt, and was immediately hooked. I love competing, and have won numerous trophies and medals in kata, weapons kata, and sparring at competitions in both Canada and the US.
My educational background:
- NASM Stretching & Flexibility Coach
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer
- Precision Nutrition Level 1 Coach
- BSc in Dietetics (UBC)
- BA in English & Certificate in Liberal Arts (SFU)
As an athlete, I am constantly looking for ways to improve at my sport. There is no shortage of websites focusing on the technical aspects of karate, but there are so many other components that affect performance, such as mindset, nutrition, sleep, recovery, cross-training, stress, and emotional well-being. There are very few online sources that discuss these within the context of karate specifically, and in a cohesive way. That’s what this blog is about.
Small changes can lead to big results.
Together, let’s build a community of strong, healthy, awesome karateka!